Pomsky Puppies For Sale in PA
Owning a Pomsky
A Pomsky Puppy is a Designer Breed recognized by the Dog Registry of America. The Pomsky is a mix between a Siberian Husky and a Pomeranian. Reputable Breeders will use a Siberian Husky Female between 35 and 50 pounds and a Pomeranian Sire between 3 and 10 pounds. Using a Pomeranian female could result in harm to the small dog or her puppies because of her petite size. Many people think of the Pomsky as a Toy Breed, but this is inaccurate, at least at the 1st generation level. The expected size of a full grown Pomsky should be between 17 and 30 pounds, standing at a height between 10 to 15 inches tall. Knowledge of this Hybrid Breed is still somewhat preliminary, as they are very rare, but continued development of this cross will prove interesting.
- Pomsky Temperament: The result of crossing these two breeds together should result in a puppy with tons of personality. While the Husky is a good family dog, it has an unquenchable prey drive. Mixing it with the Pomeranian, a mouthy little couch potato in the best way should curb the want to give chase to an extent. Your kids will do well with this breed as long as they respect and adore it, and they will love showing off their “Little Wolf”.
- Trainability: The Husky is a very intelligent breed, but won’t win any obedience competitions because of its free spirit. The Pomeranian is a loyal but stubborn little trooper that will rarely leave your side, but is trainable with the correct approach, like all breeds. With proper training, the Pomsky should make a great companion breed.
- Adaptability: You will want to allow you new Pomsky Puppy to get used to his surroundings and not overwhelm him. The Husky is a somewhat sensitive breed, and the Pomeranian is about as Hyper-Sensitive as they come. Mixing these two will give you a dog who will be most comfortable with his family, but somewhat cautious with strangers. Make sure you socialize the Pomsky early and often to avoid any difficulty with new people or pets down the road.
- Owner Experience: You should have a general knowledge of Dogs and how to properly care for them to be an effective Pomsky owner.
- Health of the Pomsky: You will see some of the same health concerns with this Cross as you would with the two pure breeds, but it should be in moderation. The Husky is known to have eye issues such as Cataracts and Corneal Dystrophy. The Pomeranian has been known to suffer from some allergies, and sometimes eye problems as well. Overall, when properly cared for and bred, these problems should be minimal.
- Grooming the Pomsky: Don’t be shy about brushing this breed. The Pomsky is a mix between two breeds that would not have a problem shedding on your lap. But like with all dogs, brush and groom this little one to your heart’s content and see the rewards of puppy kisses and appreciation from your little fuzz ball.
- Activity Level: The two breeds that make up the Pomsky are polar opposites. The Husky is a Sled Dog built for running, and will tire you out long before you wear him out. The Pom however, is a fluffy little toy breed that will tire quickly. The activity level of the pomsky should be a moderate one.
- Size: Between 17 and 30 pounds, and stand 10 to 15 inches tall full grown.
When purchasing a puppy it is essential to be aware of all characteristics of The breed. Looking for a puppy to bring into your family is an exciting process, but having the knowledge of what to expect with any dog is the key to successful integration into your family. A puppy is a huge commitment, so being knowledgeable about how to train and care for your Pomsky puppy is particularly valuable. For information on these subjects check our blog or a good book related to this specific dog breed.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about the Pomsky. You can take a look at our page below to view all of our Pomsky Puppies for Sale!
- Artic $3000.00 Gap, PA
- Ice $3000.00 Gap, PA
- Ruby $3000.00 Gap, PA
- Race $2800.00 Gap, PA
- Ringo $2800.00 Gap, PA
- Ridley $2800.00 Gap, PA
- Rocco $2800.00 Gap, PA
- Roma $2800.00 Gap, PA
- Alaska $2500.00 Gap, PA
- Anneka $2500.00 Gap, PA
- Aziza $2500.00 Gap, PA
- Axel $2000.00 Gap, PA
- Balto $2000.00 Gap, PA
- Igloo $2000.00 Gap, PA